Making a course or a term in Ireland is one of the unique experiences that your children can choose and the most relevant bet that can be done at the educational level. Apart from improving, of course, at the linguistic level, they will also enjoy very enriching moments while learning in the framework of an educational system that is different from their own and the culture of the country.
The Irish educational system is recognized as one of the best in Europe. Ireland, within its welcoming tradition, also provides an excellent educational offer for international students. The educational system is divided into three sectors according to age: Primary, Secondary and University. Regarding the secondary school, which is when our children are better able to enjoy the stay, it is divided into two cycles: Junior and Senior.
- Junior (3 courses), corresponds to our 1st, 2nd and 3rd years of ESO. In Ireland these courses are called 1st, 2nd and 3rd Junior Cycle
- Senior (3 courses), correspond to our 4th ESO and 1st and 2nd Baccalaureate. In Ireland, these courses are called 1st year of Senior Cycle or Transition Year, 2nd year of Senior Cycle and 3rd year of senior cycle (also called 4th, 5th and 6th year of secondary school). One of the best courses to make a stay, short or long, we recommend that it be the Transition Year. It is a less academic lesson than in our home in which students receive a wealth of information about higher education and professional outings. This year or period can also be used to start thinking about your future and guide the Baccalaureate towards the type of university degree you may be interested in. The fundamental idea of this course is to provide students with tools that help them to reflect and mature, to experience their personal development and gain day-to-day skills. During this course, there are also 4 weeks of work as a work experience in the sector that each student chooses.
Once we decide, we need to think about a no less important aspect: the host families and the lodging. All of our host families are carefully selected for their professionalism and experience. Each family has at least one member who is a teacher or has the TEFL, which ensures an individualized linguistic reception.
In addition, all families have Garda Vetting (criminal records certificate), which allows them to take care of and guardians of underage girls and boys.
What we offer from COOL-STAY:
- Advice on the most indicated program.
- Personal interviews with families and students.
- Selection and enrollment at the chosen school.
- Family accommodation (except mid term vacations, Christmas and Easter)
- Linguistic and cultural support.
- Host families where the tutor is a teacher or has a TEFL certificate.
- Local transportation (if necessary).
- Monitoring of the adaptation and result of each student.
- Travel insurance.
- Round trip flight (need to check).
- Management of other transfers during the course.
- Convalidation management (if necessary).
- School uniform .
- Books and teaching materials.
- 24 hour attention service.Assessorament del programa més indicat.
What it is not included:
- Convalidation fees (if necessary).
- Flights and transfers during your stay.
- Activities and excursions outside class hours.
- Sports uniform .
- Whole year: